Smart Health Forum in Brussels 15 October 2019
Breakfast Discussion: How to make Europe the global leader in Smart Health?
Europe has real potential to be a global leader in research and development in the health sector. By fully embracing Smart Health, we can create growth and improved healthcare that directly benefits millions of Europeans.
However, what is needed is regulation that enables and supports innovative solutions. The European Commission has identified Smart Health as one of the six areas of European strategic interest that can in the future lead to Important Projects of Common European Interest (IPCEI), which highlights the raising awareness of the importance of the sector for Europe.
You are most cordially invited to a breakfast discussion on how to make Europe the global leader in Smart Health on Tuesday 15 October at 8:00 – 10:00 at the Member's Salon, European Parliament, Brussels.
(registration starts at 7:30)
The speakers of the event include:
- Roberto Viola, Director General, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Carlo Pettinelli, Director of Consumer, Environment and Health Technologies, DG GROW, European Commission
- Henna Virkkunen, Member of the European Parliament (EPP, Finland)
- Tomislav Sokol, Member of the European Parliament (EPP, Croatia)
- Ida Sofie Jensen, CEO, Danish Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (LIF)
- Michael Strübin, Director of Digital Health, MedTech Europe
The event is hosted by MEP Henna Virkkunen for Pharma Industry Finland (PIF), Swedish Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (LIF), Danish Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (LIF), Confederation of Finnish Industries (EK) and European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA).
Please find more information here.
We would kindly ask you to register to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 1 October.
If you need accreditation to enter the European Parliament premises, please let us know when you register.